Friday, January 13, 2012

Collard Greens...

Oh yes I did see an elderly gentleman parked beside the road
with a sign on the back of his truck saying he had collard greens FOR SALE!!!

Have you ever eaten collard greens?  I have.  It's amazing how big the plant leaf is and how much it reduces when cooked.  It boils down to nothing.  They are suppose to be good for you but I'm not sure how when you have to put so much bacon and/or grease in them to season them.  Seems like that defeats the purpose.  I don't really care for them that much.  My mom says she likes them about once a year and that's all.  Ha!  Makes you want to just run out to that old man's truck and buy a bunch doesn't it.

Below is the finished product.  Yum Yum!

   

I posted three versions - everyone seems to make it a bit different.

Now run on out and get you some greens today.  I know you want to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment