Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Work starting at 10 a.m.

Now this is something I could get used to!  We had a delay due to ice on bridges today - and it was a good cautionary step to take as there were many wrecks on the roads before 10 a.m.  By the time I left, all was clear with the exception of one guy who had spun into the median and was being towed away.

There was a quiet but excited buzz from the kids today at Pebble Creek Elementary.  They were talking about the snowmen they built or the fun they had in snowball fights.  This may be one of the few times these kids ever see snow - so sad.  All kids should have snow to play in at least once a year - once a year would be fine with me!  More than that - I don't think so!

All this reminded me of the sledding we did at a house down the street from where I lived.  Big hill with some slight terracing.  Every year we went there - even as high school students.  Every year someone or more than someONE broke their wrist or ankle.  It was always fun though.  Too bad we didn't have that much snow here for the kids.  But at least they got a taste of what it could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment