Monday, January 30, 2012

Vacation from Technology

I had a wonderful weekend of shopping, cooking and relaxing with my family.  My mom and I shopped and found some of the things I had been pinning on Pinterest, mostly for organization 'stuff'.

We also hit one of our favorite places, BIG LOTS!  I love it - you never know what jewels in the rough you will find at Big Lots but it's like winning the lottery when you do!!  We found some great encouragement cards in stationary, canned Luck's apples (for frying don't you know) which we weren't able to find anywhere else in town and the perfect little picture to finish off my bedroom wall!  Great success!  As we were checking out, Mom was quite hungry.  She began opening the Peanut butter filled Oreos before I had paid for our loot.  So funny - reminded me of parents in the grocery line trying to keep their children out of the purchases.  Role reversal for sure!

Saturday afternoon we watched the Texas A&M Aggie basketball team beat Travis Ford's Oklahoma State Cowboys.  This is always a game we like to see because Travis played at Kentucky - pretty good small guard and always has a quick temper.   Since watching him coach in Aggieland he seems to find a way to get a technical most of the time; however, he did not this game.  He had reason to yell a bit though - the refs were a bit on the sad side.

Yesterday, Mom and I made Shrimp Creole!  I love that stuff.  My hands still smell like the onions I chopped but it was well worth it!  Yummo.

Next on my TO DO list for this week is getting ready for TCEA (Texas Computer Ed. Assn.) Conference.  It's in Austin and once again my peeps and I will be at the Embassy Suites.  This is always a fun time and a time to see new techie things for the classroom.  We also receive some good training at this conference.  This will be our last TCEA Conf. together and will just include Randi, Diana and me.  (So sad that Martie doesn't get to go this year.)  I'm feeling a little melancholy about it - can't wait to go and learn but sad that we won't have this time together ever again.  Times change and budgets do too.  I hope we are able to adapt to both!

Whew, I've rambled on today.  Now back to work.  Off to help more people with their STaR Charts....

No comments:

Post a Comment